Job Purpose and Role Summary
The ERP & Application officer will be responsible for developing and customizing the enterprise resource planning
(ERP) platform, applications on-premises and in the cloud, API creation and monitoring, .Net development, and Angular
JS. Assist in monitoring ERP systems and ensure their stability, functionality and backups are up to date.
Strategy and Organization
- Follow all relevant IT support policies, processes, and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Participate in the selection of vendors/suppliers as per the procurement policies and procedures, and monitor implementation of service level agreements for the achievement of positive results
- Maintain relationships/communication with vendors/suppliers to ensure that the most appropriate and efficient equipment/tools/methods/services are used with the optimum cost
ERP Application Officer:
System Analysis & Development:
- Evaluates, assess, and enhances the programming systems needed to support an organization’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications. Ensures that other software can be fully integrated into the ERP system on-
premises and cloud.
- Develops new modules to enhance system performance. It relies on knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals.
- Has experience developing .NET software & Angular JS frontends
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods, and procedures
- Identifies and develops enhancements and functionality changes on ERP
using the provided tools and templates or developing and testing appropriate
- Manages code migration across environments to ensure continued and synchronized functionality.
- Ensures the quality and integrity of the system.
- Reviews application systems, assist in solving problems and identifying performance trends to take corrective action to improve performance and avoid complications arising
- Knowledge of Creating Technical documentation, including Architecture and design documents.
- Knowledge of Creating user training manuals.
- Receives and logs requests from helpdesk, other service delivery staff, and users and investigates problems and other requests on time.
- Provides timely & accurate resolution for requests for support such as making modifications to system parameters, developing work-around or site-specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures,
training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to software suppliers.
Technical Support and Application Upgrades:
- Creating the API to integrate multiple systems (Internal and External).
- Establishes root causes of application errors and escalates severe concerns
to the Senior ERP Application Officer.
- Keeps a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Documents processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
- Performs diagnostic tests and resolves issues to optimize performance.
- Develops recommendations for application enhancements using comprehensive reporting and results of trend analysis identifying user issues
- Investigates and diagnoses system faults and errors.
- Resolves technical issues.
- Develop and motivate subordinates to ensure the transfer of know-how and a continuous positive work environment
- Monitor subordinate’s performance and provide formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize efficiency for the IT Manager
- Stakeholders - Other Departments: To resolve any complex technical issue
Key Results Areas
- Responsible for ERP technical issues resolution through diligent research and troubleshooting
- Responsible for ERP Application & Data Security
- Adherence to EDC policies and procedures
- Analyze data for accuracy and troubleshooting
- Timeliness in resolving technical issues
- Provide L1 and L2 ERP & Application Support.
Educational Qualifications -
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any relevant field.
- Good Knowledge in PHP, .Net C#, Angular JS, Microsoft ERP, Power BI, Middleware applications.
- Certification in relevant ERP systems.
- ITIL v4 or similar industry standard certification is desirable.
- 4 to 6 years of experience with ERP system development, security, and migration.
- Office365 Applications such as MS SharePoint, Visio, Word, etc.
- Creation of API to integrate Internal and External Applications.
- .NET & Angular JS based development.
- Reporting Tool Microsoft Power BI.
- Workflow Tool Microsoft Power Automate.
|Planning and Organizing||I|
|Organization Commitment||I||Project Management||A|
|Customer Orientation||I||Quality and Performance
Company: Emirates Driving Company
Job Location: Abu DhabiApply On Linkedin